We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Wichita Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s & 1960s” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Wichita.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Monday, March 2, 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
YMCA Farha Sport Center Indoor Courts
3405 S. Meridian Ave., Building #200, Wichita
(Located directly behind the South YMCA Branch)
Wednesday, March 4, 9:00 a.m. – noon
McCormick School Museum
855 S. Martinson St., Wichita
Saturday, March 7, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
East YMCA, Conference Room
9333 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.