Due to the overwhelming popularity of our "Wichita Memories" book, The Eagle is proud to announce an all-new collectible hardcover volume in this retrospective series, “Wichita Memories II: A Photographic History of the 1940s, 1950s & 1960s.”
This second collector’s book will showcase additional photo memories of Wichita focusing on the iconic decades from 1940 through 1969. We are thrilled to partner with local area historical organizations and to again include images from our readers in this heirloom-quality coffee-table book that will truly capture the rich heritage of our area.
Thanks to our partners on this project:
- Kansas Aviation Museum
- Kansas Firefighters Museum
- Kansas Historical Society
- Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
- McConnell Air Force Base, Office of History, 22d Air Refueling Wing
- McCormick School Museum
- Midwest Historical & Genealogical Society
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Wichita State University Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
My parents and I have enjoyed the book & looking forward to book 2
Note: images on this promotional page may not appear in final product.