Umatilla County Memories Scanning Sessions
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Umatilla County Memories: A Pictorial History of the mid-1800s through 1939” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Umatilla County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Saturday, June 22, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tribal images only
Tamástslikt Cultural Institute
47106 Wildhorse Boulevard, Pendleton
Sunday, June 23, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Echo Bank Building and Historical Museum
230 W. Main Street, Echo
Monday, June 24, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Athena Public Library
418 E. Main Street, Athena
Wednesday, June 26, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Umatilla County Historical Society - Heritage Station Museum
108 SW Frazer, Pendleton
Thursday, June 27, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Milton-Freewater Area Historical Society and Frazier Farmstead Museum
1403 Chestnut Street, Milton-Freewater
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.