Greater Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County Scanning Sessions
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Looking Back: Greater Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County from the Early Years through the 1960s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the mid-1800s through 1969.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Greater Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania County and Stafford County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Saturday, December 7, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
John J. Wright Educational & Cultural Center Museum
7565 Courthouse Road, Spotsylvania
Monday, December 9, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
University of Mary Washington
Simpson Library, Digital Archiving Lab (HCC Room 322)
1301 College Avenue, Fredericksburg
PARKING: Visitor Parking is in the Alvey Drive Parking Deck.
Accessible Parking is adjacent to the Jepson Science Center near Simpson Library.
Thursday, December 12, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Central Rappahannock Heritage Center
900 Barton Street #111, Fredericksburg
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.