We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Fredericksburg Memories: A Pictorial History of the 1800s through the 1930s” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Fredericksburg, VA.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Tuesday, November 6, 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Central Rappahannock Regional Library
Fredericksburg Branch, Room 1
1201 Caroline Street
Thursday, November 8, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Central Rappahannock Heritage Center
900 Barton Street #111
Saturday, November 10, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Fredericksburg Area Museum
907 Princess Anne Street
Saturday, November 10 , 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Free Lance-Star
1340 Central Park Blvd., Suite 100
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.