We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming McHenry County Memories book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken between the 1800s and 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in McHenry County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family.
- Call 815-459-4040 for more information.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Tuesday, Sept. 2, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
809 Front Street
Wednesday, Sept. 3, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
7717 S. Route 31
Crystal Lake, IL
Thursday, Sept. 4, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
McHenry County Historical Society and Museum
6422 Main Street
Friday, Sept. 5, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Huntley Area Public Library
11000 Ruth Road
Saturday, Sept. 6th, 10:00 a.m. - noon
Woodstock Public Library
414 W Judd St.
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.