We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Southeastern North Carolina Through Our Eyes book project. If you have photographs that meet the guidelines below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
Photos will be scanned on-site and given right back to you.
- Photos taken in the New Hanover, Pender, and Brunswick counties area.
- Photos taken during the 1800s-today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions. No appointment necessary.
- If you are a private collector with a sizable collection, please call 360-723-5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form or pick one up from the StarNews office. Please fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Friday, July 7: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
HR conference room
1003 S. 17th Street, Wilmington
Saturday, July 8: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Latimer House Museum
Latimer House Tea Room
126 S. 3rd Street, Wilmington
Monday, July 10: 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
New Hanover County Public Library
201 Chestnut Street, Wilmington
Tuesday, July 11: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Brunswick County Library
109 W. Moore Street, Southport
Wednesday, July 12: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
224 Market Street, Wilmington
Thursday, July 13: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Pender County Public Library
103 S. Cowan Street, Burgaw
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.