We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Rose City Rising — Portland Memories III: A Pictorial History of the 1950s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1950 through 1959.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Portland, Oregon.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Friday, June 1, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hollywood Library Meeting Room
4040 NE Tillamook Street
Saturday, June 2, 10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
St. Johns Library
7510 N Charleston Avenue
Wednesday, June 6, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Dunthorpe Marketing Group, Inc.
8825 SE 11th Avenue
Wednesday, June 6, 12:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Capitol Hill Library
10723 SW Capitol Highway
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.