We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Richmond Memories III: Hidden Treasures from the 1800s through Today” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through today.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Greater Richmond (Chesterfield, Henrico, Hanover Counties).
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Monday, May 13, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Richmond Public Library, West End Branch
5420 Patterson Avenue, Richmond
Tuesday, May 14, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Richmond Public Library, Hull Street Branch
1400 Hull Street, Richmond
Wednesday, May 15, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
300 E. Franklin Street, Richmond
Wednesday, May 15, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Hanover Branch Library
7527 Library Drive, Hanover, VA 23069
Saturday, May 18, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Richmond Public Library, Main Branch
101 E. Franklin Street, Richmond
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.