We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Looking Back: A Photographic History of Broward and Palm Beach Counties" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
Photos will be scanned on-site and given right back to you.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s to 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Broward County, Palm Beach County, and surrounding area.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, August 12, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach (The Hibiscus Room)
411 Clematis Street
West Palm Beach
Tuesday, August 15, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Fort Lauderdale Historical Society (Hoch Library)
219 SW 2nd Avenue
Thursday, August 17, 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Old Dillard Museum
1009 NW Fourth Street
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.