Johnstown Memories II Scanning Session
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Johnstown Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s and 1960s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Johnstown and Cambria County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Thursday, April 19, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Heritage Discovery Center
201 6th Ave., Johnstown, PA 15901
Friday, April 20, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College, Mangarella Library
101 Community College Way, Johnstown, PA 15904
Saturday, April 21, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Cambria County Public Library
248 Main St., Johnstown, PA 15901
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.