Greater Hartford Memories Scanning Sessions
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Greater Hartford Memories: A Photographic History of the 1800s through the 1930s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1800 through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the three-county region of Hartford, Middlesex, and Tolland counties.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Saturday, August 11, 1pm-3:30pm
96 Palisado Avenue Windsor, CT 06095
Wednesday, August 8, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
77 Forest Street, Hartford, CT
Thursday, August 9, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society
227 South Main Street, West Hartford, CT
Saturday, August 11, 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Windsor Historical Society
96 Palisado Avenue Windsor, CT
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.