We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Floods, Fire and Ice in the Eastern Panhandle" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- Before, during, and after photos of storms that have hit the Eastern Panhandle, especially the 1993 blizzard, the 1985 Election Day Flood, the 1936 St. Patrick's Day Flood and the 1974 fire.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the Eastern Panhandle (Martinsburg, WV).
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, May 20, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Musselman-South Berkeley Community Library
Musselman High School
126 Excellence Way, Inwood
Monday, May 22, 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Martinsburg Holiday Inn
301 Foxcroft Avenue, Martinsburg
Tuesday, May 23, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Jefferson County Museum
1st Floor of the Library Building
200 East Street, Charles Town
Wednesday, May 24, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
City National Bank
1700 W. King Street, Martinsburg
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.