We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Eastern NC Memories: A Pictorial History of the mid-1800s through 1939” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the mid-1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Beaufort, Craven (Vanceboro only), Edgecombe, Greene, Martin, Nash, Pitt and Washington counties
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Monday, July 19, 9:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
East Carolina University, Joyner Library Special Collections
1000 E. Fifth St., Greenville
Wednesday, July 21, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Edgecombe County Memorial Library
909 N. Main St., Tarboro
Saturday, July 24, 11:15 a.m. – 1:15 a.m.
Roanoke River Lighthouse and Maritime Museum
206 W. Water St., Plymouth
We encourage those who have not yet been vaccinated for COVID-19 to wear a mask and practice social distancing while attending these scanning sessions.
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.