Davidson County Memories Scanning Sessions
Update 3/19/2020: As the health and safety of the community is a top concern for The Dispatch and our partners, the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 virus has led us to postpone these events until further notice. We encourage you to submit your photos online here if possible.
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Davidson County Memories: A Photographic History of the 1800s through the 1930s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Davidson County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Denton Museum, Town Hall Meeting Room
201 W. Salisbury St., Denton
Davidson County Historical Museum
2 S. Main St., Lexington
Thomasville Public Library
14 Randolph St., Thomasville
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.