We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Disasters in the Pioneer Valley book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- Photos showing general disaster, such as: flooding, fires, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.
- Photos taken from mid-1800s through today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Hampshire and Franklin Counties.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Wednesday, August 19th, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Greenfield Public Library
402 Main Street, Greenfield
Friday, August 21st, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Daily Hampshire Gazette
115 Conz Street, Northampton
Saturday, August 22nd, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2 Williams Street, Williamsburg
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.