We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Memories Along the South Shore book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Northwest Indiana.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Monday, July 13, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Portage Community Historical Society
5250 US Highway 6, Portage
Tuesday, July 14, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Anderson Library, Calumet Regional Archives
3400 Broadway, Gary
Tuesday, July 14, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Merrillville History Museum,
13 West 73rd Avenue, Merrillville
Wednesday, July 15, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Stagecoach Inn Museum
127 N Main Street, Hebron
Wednesday, July 15, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Westchester Township History Museum
700 W Porter Avenue, Chesterton
Thursday, July 16, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Munster Historical Society, The Kaske House
Corner of Ridge Rd. and Columbia Ave., Munster
Thursday, July 16, 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Dyer Historical Society Museum
1 Town Square, Dyer
Friday, July 17, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Whiting Public Library, Meeting Room
1735 Oliver Street, Whiting
Friday, July 17, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Hammond Public Library, 2nd Floor
564 State Street, Hammond
Saturday, July 18, 10:00 a.m. - Noon
Porter County Museum
153 Franklin Street, Valparaiso
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.