We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Warren County Memories II: The 1940s, ’50s and ’60s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Glens Falls and Warren County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, May 14th: 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Crandall Public Library
251 Glen Street, Glens Falls
Tuesday, May 17th: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Town of Chester Museum of Local History
6307 State Route 9 (Main Street), Chestertown
Thursday, May 19th: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Warren County Historical Society
195 Sunnyside Road, Queensbury
Thursday, May 19th: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
36 Elm Street, Warrensburg
Friday, May 20th: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Chapman Historical Museum
348 Glen Street, Glens Falls
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.