We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Rise of the Quad Cities: The 1940s, '50s, '60s and '70s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1979.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the Quad-City Region (including Davenport, Bettendorf, Rock Island, and Moline).
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, April 23, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Davenport Public Library
321 N Main Street, Davenport, IA 52801
Wednesday, April 27, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Rock Island County Historical Society
822 11th Avenue, Moline, IL 61265
Thursday, April 28, 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Bettendorf Community Center
Crimson Room, second floor
2204 Grant Street, Bettendorf, IA 52722
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.