We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming McLean County Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s and 1960s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Bloomington-Normal area and McLean County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Sunday April 10th: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Bloomington Public Library
Community Meeting Room
205 E. Olive Street, Bloomington
Tuesday, April 12th: 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
McLean County Museum of History
2nd Floor, Governor Fifer Courtroom
200 N. Main Street, Bloomington
Wednesday, April 13th: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Illinois Wesleyan University
303 East Emerson Street, Bloomington
Thursday, April 14th: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Normal Public Library
Community Room A
206 W. College Avenue, Normal
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.