We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Rhode Island Memories II: The 1940s & 1950s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1959.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Rhode Island.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Monday, April 8, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Pascoag Public Library
57 Church Street, Pascoag
Thursday, April 11, noon – 2 p.m.
Bristol Historical and Preservation Society
48 Court Street, Bristol
Thursday, April 11, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Newport Public Library
300 Spring Street, Newport
Friday, April 12, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Warwick Public Library
600 Sandy Lane, Warwick
Saturday, April 13, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
John Brown House Museum
52 Power Street, Providence
Monday, April 15, 10 a.m. – noon
Museum of Work & Culture
42 S. Main Street, Woonsocket
Monday, April 15, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Pawtucket Public Library
13 Summer Street, Pawtucket
Tuesday, April 16, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
5662 Post Road, Charlestown
Thursday, April 18, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
South County History Center
2636 Kingstown Road, Kingston
Thursday, April 18, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
390 Summit Road, Exeter
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.