COVID-19: Manufactured in North America; shipping from USA as normal!
Interior view of the Champion Shoe Shop (name later changed to Mushik's), Mandan, 1917.
Courtesy Becky Mushik Roesler
Families of Bismarck-Mandan: The Mushiks
Welcome to the Mushik and Son Shoe Store, a family-owned shop in Mandan for over 70 years.
John Mushik Sr. opened the store as Champion Shoe Shop at 114 East Main Street, Mandan, in 1909, before moving to 110 West Main a few years later. The name was changed to Mushik and Son in 1921. John Mushik III constructed a third location for the shop at 116 West Main in 1955, and in 1982, after celebrating 73 years on Main Street, it was sold to Jerry Hoff.
When not busy at the shop the Mushiks were otherwise involved in the community, dressing up for the Rodeo Days celebration, participating in the “Mad” Market Days events, and serving in the armed forces during WWII.
See more of the families of Bismarck-Mandan along with hundreds of other beautiful, historic photos in The Tribune’s new book, Bismarck-Mandan Memories II.
The Bismarck Tribune presents
Volume II: Bismarck-Mandan Memories: The 1940s, 1950s and 1960s