We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Bismarck-Mandan Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s and 1960s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the Bismarck-Mandan area.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Thursday, April 14th: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Bismarck Tribune
707 E. Front Avenue, Bismarck
Saturday, April 16th: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Bismarck-Mandan Chamber of Commerce
1640 Burnt Boat Drive, Bismarck
Sunday, April 17th: 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Bismarck Public Library
515 N. Fifth Street, Bismarck
Monday, April 18th: 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Morton Mandan Public Library
609 W. Main Street, Mandan
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.