We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Detroit Memories III: A Pictorial History of the Early Years and the 1950s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1959.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Detroit.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Friday, June 7, 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Detroit Public Library, Elmwood Park Branch
550 Chene, Detroit
Saturday, June 8, 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Detroit Public Library, Main Branch
Staff Lounge on A-level
5201 Woodward Avenue, Detroit
Monday, June 10, 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Detroit Public Library, Redford Branch
21200 Grand River Avenue, Detroit
Monday, June 10, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Detroit Public Library, Parkman Branch
1766 Oakman Boulevard, Detroit
Tuesday, June 11, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Detroit Public Library, Knapp Branch
13330 Conant Street, Detroit
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.