We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Denver Memories III: The 1950s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1950 through 1959.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Greater Denver.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Sunday, May 5, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Denver Firefighters Museum
1326 Tremont Place, Denver
Monday, May 6, noon – 2:00 p.m.
Denver Public Library, Blair Caldwell African American Research Library
2401 Welton Street, Denver
Tuesday, May 7, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum
7711 E. Academy Boulevard, Denver
Wednesday, May 8, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Denver Post
5990 Washington Street, Denver
Friday, May 10, noon – 2:00 p.m.
Black American West Museum & Heritage Center
3091 California Street, Denver
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.