Remember the old saying, "Too much of a good thing is simply wonderful"? Combine that thought with lagniappe; Cajun-speak for a little something extra. The result is the Jade Anniversary Edition of the The Courier & Daily Comet's most popular annual concoction, The Bayou Gourmet Cookbook.
This 35th anniversary edition includes first place winning recipes in all categories from 1976-2010.
Features recipes and categories such as:
• Pecan sweet breads • Crab meat roll-ups • Crawfish and crab stuff beignetsAppetizers and Breads
• Oyster soup • Cajun cabbage rolls • Hen and Andouille sausage gumboSoups, Salads, and Vegetables
• Gator quiche • Mardi Gras cheese grits • Shrimp and flounderSeafood
• Spicy chicken and black bean tortillas • Porc Tourtiere • Chicken PitoutMeat, Poutry, and Game
• Apricot brandy pound cake • Bread pudding with Amaretto sauce • Raisin Cajun pecan pralinesDesserts
• Low-fat lemony cheese cake • Lighter crawfish pie • Light Margarita pieOn the Lighter Side
• Mediterranean marinade lamb chops • Omelet de couscous • Elle Berry muffinsQuick and Easy
• Cheeseburger pie • Peanutty chocolate banana bites • Yummy shrimp enchiladasYoung Chefs and Kid's Snacks
Note: images on this promotional page may not appear in final product.