We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming When Disaster Strikes book project. If you have photographs that meet the guidelines below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
Photos will be scanned on-site and given right back to you.
- Photos taken in the Southeastern Connecticut area.
- Photos taken during the 1800s-today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions. No appointment necessary.
- If you're a private collector, call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form or pick one up from The Day office. Please fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Wednesday, May 31: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
261 Main Street, Norwich
Friday, June 2: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Groton Public Library
52 Newton Road, Groton
Saturday, June 3: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Public Library of New London
63 Huntington Street, New London
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.