We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Wayne County Memories: A Pictorial History of the late 1800s through the 1930s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the late 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Wayne County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Thursday, August 2, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Wayne County Public Library, Wooster Branch
220 W. Liberty Street, Wooster
Thursday, August 2, 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wayne County Public Library, Shreve Branch
189 W. McConkey Street, Shreve
Friday, August 3, 10:00 a.m. - noon
Wayne County Public Library, Rittman Branch
49 W. Ohio Avenue, Rittman
Friday, August 3, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wayne County Public Library, Creston Branch
116 S. Main Street, Creston
Saturday, August 4, 10:00 a.m. - noon
Wayne County Public Library, West Salem Branch
99 E. Buckeye Street, West Salem
Wednesday, August 8, 10:00 a.m. - noon
Smithville Community Historical Society
381 East Main Street, Smithville
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.