We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Valley Memories: When Disaster Strikes in the Upper Valley" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- Disaster photos, such as: fires, storms, hurricanes, shipwrecks, train wrecks, etc.
- Photos taken from the early 1800s through today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Lebanon, West Lebanon, Hartford, Norwich, or Hanover.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions. No appointment necessary.
- If you are a private collector with a sizable collection, please call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Wednesday, June 7, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Norwich Historical Society
277 Main Street
Friday, June 9, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Hartford Historical Society
1461 Maple Street
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.