Tuscarawas County Memories Scanning Sessions
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Tuscarawas County Memories: A Pictorial History of the mid-1800s through the 1930s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the mid-1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Tuscarawas County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Monday, July 29, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Kent State University Tuscarawas Campus, Kent Archive Room
330 University Drive NE, New Philadelphia
Tuesday, July 30, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuscarawas County Genealogical Society
307 Center Street, Dennison
Saturday, August 3, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Newcomerstown Historical Society, Museum and Temperance Tavern Museum
221 W. Canal Street, Newcomerstown
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.