We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Rome Memories: A Photographic History of the Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the mid-1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Rome.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Monday, June 10, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Jervis Public Library
613 N. Washington Street, Rome
Wednesday, June 12 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Rome Art and Community Center
308 W. Bloomfield Street, Rome
Saturday, June 15 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Rome Family YMCA
301 W. Bloomfield Street, Rome
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.