We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Richmond Memories: The Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Richmond.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Monday, May 1st, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Virginia Union University (VUU)
1500 N. Lombardy Street, Richmond
Tuesday, May 2nd, 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
300 E. Franklin Street, Richmond
Wednesday, May 3rd, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Beth Ahabah Museum & Archives (BAMA)
1109 W. Franklin Street, Richmond
(Parking: 1104 W. Franklin Street)
Saturday, May 6th, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Richmond Public Library
Annex room (basement)
101 E. Franklin Street, Richmond
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.