We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Rhode Island Memories III: Turmoil to Renaissance book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1960 through 1999.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Rhode Island.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Saturday, April 18, noon – 3 p.m.
Warwick Public Library, Central Branch
600 Sandy Lane, Warwick
Monday, April 20, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Pascoag Public Library
57 Church St., Pascoag
Tuesday, April 21, 10 a.m. – noon
Providence Public Library, Mural Room
150 Empire St., Providence
Wednesday, April 22, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
South County History Center
2636 Kingstown Road, Kingston
Wednesday, April 22, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
390 Summit Road, Exeter
Thursday, April 23, noon – 2 p.m.
Museum of Work and Culture
42 S. Main St., Woonsocket
Thursday, April 23, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Pawtucket Public Library
13 Summer St., Pawtucket
Friday, April 24, noon – 2 p.m.
Bristol Historical and Preservation Society
48 Court St., Bristol
Friday, April 24, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Jamestown Historical Society
92 Narragansett Ave., Jamestown
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.