We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Portland Memories II: The War Years" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here. There are more scanning sessions on the way. Please check back for updates.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1949.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Portland.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions. No appointment necessary.
- If you're a private collector, call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, July 8: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland
Tuesday, July 11: 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2300 NW Thurman Street, Portland
Wednesday, July 12: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Dunthorpe Marketing Group
8825 SE 11th Avenue, Portland
Wednesday, July 12: 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Capitol Hill Library
10723 SW Capitol Highway, Portland
Saturday, July 15: 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
4040 NE Tillamook Street, Portland
Monday, July 17: 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
St. Johns Library
7510 N Charleston Avenue, Portland
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.