We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Mount Hood Revealed: 11,000 Feet of Oregon History, Adventure and Magnificence" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- Views, summer and winter recreation (camping, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, tubing), agriculture, expeditions, businesses, public service, etc.
- Photos taken between the 1800s and present day.
- Photos, postcards and other memorabilia, including tickets, posters, etc. No newspaper clippings or photocopies.
- Photos taken of the Mount Hood area, in addition to the people and events that shaped the development and our appreciation of this local icon.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- If you’re a private collector, call 360-723-5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Friday, May 3, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Dunthorpe Marketing Group
8825 SE 11th Avenue, Portland
Monday, May 6, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Beaverton City Library
12375 SW Fifth Street, Beaverton
Tuesday, May 7, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education
724 NW Davis Street, Portland
Wednesday, May 8, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Mt. Hood Cultural Center & Museum
88900 Government Camp Loop, Government Camp
Thursday, May 9, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Dalles Public Library
722 Court Street, The Dalles
Friday, May 10, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sandy Public Library
38980 Proctor Boulevard, Sandy
Saturday, May 11, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
History Museum of Hood River County
300 E. Port Marina Drive, Hood River
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.