We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Looking Back II: More than 125 Years of Broward and Palm Beach Counties History in Photographs" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through today.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Download submission form PDF (fillable).
Saturday, October 5, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Historic Butler House, The Deerfield Beach Historical Society
380 E. Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach
Tuesday, October 8, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fort Lauderdale Historical Society
219 SW Second Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
Wednesday, October 9, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Charles F. Dodge City Center, Room #101
601 City Center Way, Pembroke Pines
Friday, October 11, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Intracoastal Park Clubhouse, Classroom A
2240 N. Federal Highway, Boynton Beach
Saturday, October 12, 10:00 a.m. – noon
City Hall Annex Meeting Room
414 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.