We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Lackawanna Memories: A Photographic History of the Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Lackawanna County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Monday, June 3, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Greenfield Twp. Historical Society and Museum
424 Route 106 Greenfield Twp., PA 18407
Wednesday, June 5, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Historical Society of Old Forge
Rear entrance, basement meeting room
310 S. Main St., Old Forge
Thursday, June 6, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
356 Old River Rd., Thornhurst Twp.
Saturday, June 8, noon – 3:00 p.m.
Catlin House Museum
232 Monroe Ave., Scranton
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.