We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Greater Culpeper Memories: A Pictorial History of the Early Years” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the mid-1800s through 1939.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Culpeper, Madison, Rappahannock, Fauquier and Orange counties.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Saturday, July 20, 10:00 a.m. – noon
Wilderness Branch Library
6421 Flat Run Road, Locust Grove
Sunday, July 21, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Culpeper County Library
271 Southgate Shopping Center, Culpeper
Monday, July 22, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Rappahannock County Public Library
4 Library Road, Washington
Tuesday, July 23, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fauquier Heritage and Preservation Foundation
4110 Winchester Road, Marshall
Thursday, July 25, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Madison County Historical Society
124 North Main Street, Madison
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.