We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Greater Akron Memories II: A Pictorial History of the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken between 1940 and 1969.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Greater Akron.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you to download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Wednesday, June 5, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Goodyear Branch Library
60 Goodyear Boulevard, Akron
Thursday, June 6, 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Ellet Branch Library
2470 E. Market Street, Akron
Saturday, June 8, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Highland Square Branch Library
807 W. Market Street, Akron
Monday, June 10, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Odom Boulevard Branch Library
600 Vernon Odom Boulevard, Akron
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.