We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Denver Memories II: The Early Years and the 1940s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1949.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the greater Denver area.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Session DetailsTuesday, May 1, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Forney Museum of Transportation
4303 Brighton Blvd. Denver, CO 80216
Wednesday, May 2, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library
2401 Welton Street Denver, CO 80205
Thursday, May 3, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum: Frontier Room
7711 E. Academy Blvd, Denver, CO 80230
Friday, May 4, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Black American West Museum & Heritage Center
3091 California St., Denver, CO 80205
Saturday, May 5, 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Denver Public Library: Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales Branch, Lena Archuleta Community Room
1498 N.Irving Street, Denver, CO 80204
We hope to see you there!Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.