We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Cleveland County Memories: The Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Cleveland County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Thursday, July 21, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Kings Mountain Historical Museum
100 East Mountain Street, Kings Mountain
Friday, July 22, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Cleveland County Memorial Library
104 Howie Drive, Shelby
Sunday, July 24, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Lawndale Historical Society
119 Piedmont Drive, Lawndale
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.