We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming “Baltimore Memories II: The Early Years, 1940s and 1950s” book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken in 1959 or earlier.
- Photos only — preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Baltimore and surrounding counties.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. No appointment necessary.
- Bring your photos to one of the scheduled scanning sessions.
- If you are a private collector, please call 360.723.5800 to set up an appointment.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
- Download as PDF (fillable).
Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Baltimore County Public Library, Catonsville Branch
1100 Frederick Road, Catonsville
Friday, June 15, 2018, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Baltimore County Public Library, Reisterstown Branch
21 Cockeys Mill Road, Reisterstown
Saturday, June 16, 2018, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Enoch Pratt Free Library, Maryland Department, Central Library
400 Cathedral Street, Baltimore
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.