We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming McLean County Memories: The Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in McLean County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-687-6731 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Tuesday, July 7: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
McLean County Museum of History
2nd Floor, Governor Fifer Courtroom
200 N. Main Street, Bloomington
Wednesday, July 8: Noon - 3:00 p.m.
Bloomington Public Library
Community Meeting Room
205 E. Olive Street, Bloomington
Thursday, July 9: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Ames Library - IWU
Bates & Merwin Reading Room, 4th Floor
1312 Park Street, Bloomington
Saturday, July 11: 9:00 a.m. - Noon
Normal Public Library
Community Room A
206 W. College Avenue, Normal
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.