Seattle Memories Scanning Sessions
We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Seattle Memories: The Early Years book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from the 1800s through 1939.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Seattle.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-687-6731 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Tuesday, June 2: 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Seattle Central Library - Level 4, Room 5
1000 4th Avenue
Thursday, June 4: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Seattle Public Library - Capitol Hill Branch
425 Harvard Avenue E.
Thursday, June 4: 3:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Seattle Public Library - Queen Anne Branch
400 W. Garfield Street
Saturday, June 13: noon - 3:00 p.m.
Southwest Seattle Historical Society
Log House Museum
3003 61st Avenue S.W.
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.