We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Harrisonburg and Rockingham: Volume II book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken in 1960 through today.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-687-6731 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Tuesday, Apr. 21: 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Broadway Community Center
102 South Sunset Drive
Wednesday, Apr. 22: 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Simms Center
620 Simms Avenue
Thursday, Apr. 23: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
The Massanutten Regional Library
174 South Main Street
Saturday, Apr. 25: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Heritage Museum
382 High Street
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.