We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming Franklin County Memories Volume II book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken between the 1860s and 1979, although the more historic photos are more likely to be used.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in Franklin County.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360–687–6731 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Sunday, August 24 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum, 14 Depot Street, Shelburne Falls, MA
Wednesday, August 27 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Greenﬁeld Public Library, 402 Main Street, Greenﬁeld, MA
Wednesday, Sept. 3 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Carnegie Library, 1 Avenue A, Turners Falls, MA
Wednesday, Sept. 3 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Greenﬁeld Public Library, 402 Main Street Greenﬁeld, MA
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.