We are thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Our Black Hills and Badlands II: A Retrospective from the 1940s, '50s and 60s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please bring them to one of our scanning sessions listed here.
- General interest photos, such as: commerce, industry, transportation, rural life, public service, etc.
- Photos taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Photos only – preferably original photos (no newspaper clippings or photocopies).
- Photos taken in the Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota.
- One submission form per photo.
- Limit 10 photos per family. Call 360-723-5802 to set up an appointment if you’re a private collector with a sizable collection.
Download Submission Form
Because we expect a large turnout, we advise you download and print a submission form. Please print and fill out one form for each photo you’d like to submit.
Saturday, May 7, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Rapid City Public Library
610 Quincy Street, Rapid City
Monday, May 9, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Rapid City Journal
507 Main Street, Rapid City
Tuesday, May 10, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
300 N Chicago Street, Hot Springs
Wednesday, May 11, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Deadwood History, Inc.
150 Sherman Street, Deadwood
We hope to see you there!
Bring us your best photos and we’ll scan them in while you wait. Plus, chances are some other fine folks will show up, so bring your stories to share with one another.