The Times Union is pleased to present this hardcover coffee-table book, "Capital Region Memories: A Pictorial History of the mid-1800s through the 1930s."
This heirloom-quality, 152-page book features a glimpse of life in Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer counties through stunning historic photos from the archives of local area historical organizations, as well as never-before-published submissions from our readers.
Contributions from the archives of our partners:
• Albany Firefighters Museum
• Albany Institute of History & Art
• Albany Public Library
• Clarksville Historical Society
• Duanesburg Historical Society
• Glenville History Center
• Grafton Historical Society
• Greenbush Historical Society
• Hart Cluett Museum
• Historic Cherry Hill
• Historical Society of Moreau and South Glens Falls
• Hoosick Township Historical Society
• M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections & Archives, University at Albany, SUNY, University Photograph Collection
• National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame
• New York State Archives
• Pittstown Historical Society
• Ravena Coeymans Historical Society
• Sand Lake Historical Society
• Saratoga Springs Public Library
• Schenectady County Historical Society
• Stillwater Public Library
• Village of Nassau
• Watervliet Historical Society
Pictorial memories are a great way to study a history of any given place. I'm so glad our eminent archivist, the Times Union, saw fit to undertake this endeavor and to share it with those in the Capital Region and beyond. For both young and old, here is local history at your fingertips.
The book was a gift for my husband. He loves everything about it: the quality of the physical book and especially the way the photos are organized! The clarity of the photos is incredible! Very well done! Thank you for a beautiful book that will be enjoyed for a long time to come!
Note: images on this promotional page may not appear in final product.