The Times Union is pleased to present this hardcover coffee-table book, "Capital Region Memories: A Pictorial History of the mid-1800s through the 1930s."
This heirloom-quality, 152-page book features a glimpse of life in Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga and Rensselaer counties through stunning historic photos from the archives of local area historical organizations, as well as never-before-published submissions from our readers.
Contributions from the archives of our partners:
• Albany Firefighters Museum
• Albany Institute of History & Art
• Albany Public Library
• Clarksville Historical Society
• Duanesburg Historical Society
• Glenville History Center
• Grafton Historical Society
• Greenbush Historical Society
• Hart Cluett Museum
• Historic Cherry Hill
• Historical Society of Moreau and South Glens Falls
• Hoosick Township Historical Society
• M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections & Archives, University at Albany, SUNY, University Photograph Collection
• National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame
• New York State Archives
• Pittstown Historical Society
• Ravena Coeymans Historical Society
• Sand Lake Historical Society
• Saratoga Springs Public Library
• Schenectady County Historical Society
• Stillwater Public Library
• Village of Nassau
• Watervliet Historical Society
We are enjoying the book so far -- has many interesting photos and we are trying to relate to what we know
Great collection. Well organized. Well-written introductions to each section. Images fascinating and diverse. Great addition to my library.
An excellent book with photos that makes one feel like you are travelling back in time. The Times Union should publish more books like this considering the wealth of photos they must have in their archives. Also, they should consider selling their historical photos.
Note: images on this promotional page may not appear in final product.