We are now accepting photo submissions for Danville & Pittsylvania County Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s & 1960s. Please be sure to submit photos by Saturday, March 14, 2020.
The Danville Register & Bee is thrilled to give our readers the opportunity to submit historic photos for our upcoming "Danville & Pittsylvania County Memories II: The 1940s, 1950s & 1960s" book project. If you have photographs that meet the criteria below, please submit your photos here, or bring them to one of our scanning sessions.
- We're looking for photos showing commerce, industry, transportation or other general interest themes.
- All photos must be taken in the city of Danville and Pittsylvania County.
- All photos must be taken from 1940 through 1969.
- Original photos are preferred. No newspaper clippings or photocopies, please.
- Please scan your photos as high-resolution—preferably 4200 pixels (or 14 inches at 300dpi) on the long edge. See our scanning guide, here.
- If you're uncomfortable scanning your own photos and submitting them online, you are welcome to come to one of our scanning sessions, where one of our historic photo experts will scan your photos while you wait.